HIV latency and the trouble with finding a cure
The São Paulo Patient’s Treatment
- The control group persisted on their normal ART regimen.
- Another group received their normal ART regimen with 2 additional drugs, dolutegravir and miravoc, the latter of which has been shown to act as a latency reversal agent (LRA).
- In the third group, Diaz gave enhanced ART and the HDAC inhibitor nicotinamide (vitamin B3) as an enhanced effort to coax HIV out of latency.
- Group 4 received enhanced ART with the gold dust auranofin, which has shown promise with its redox properties in the treatment of other diseases.
- Group 5 received a partially intensified ART (just dolutegravir), followed by a therapeutic dendritic cell vaccine to boost anti-HIV immunity.
- Finally, Group 6 received the gamut: partially intensified ART, nicotinamide as an HDAC inhibitor, the gold dust auranofin and the therapeutic vaccine.
Source: Read Full Article