The facts about skin cancer
Skin protection for outdoor activities
- Unevenly shaped moles
- Changes in size, shape, or color of existing moles
- New moles or growths
- Bleeding or itching moles
- A spot or sore that does not heal
- A mole that looks different from others
- Apply generously and evenly to all exposed areas of your dry skin.
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if you plan to be in the water or tend to sweat a lot.
- Apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes before going out in the sun.
- Reapply sunscreen every two to three hours.
- Use a product with broad-spectrum UV protection (UVA and UVB). SPF 30 or higher is recommended.
- Consider selecting a mineral sunscreen with zinc oxide as the main active ingredient.
Source: Read Full Article