- High-quality adequately powered RCTs comparing techniques to manage and prevent IFH are required. (Those currently available have significant weaknesses.)
- A universally accepted definition of IFH would facilitate future research and education.
- Women and their partners need to inform research around the language and management of IFH.
- The development and implementation of an evidence-based multi-professional educational package would lead to consistent management of this obstetric emergency.
- More research is required around the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of the Fetal Pillow
Source: Read Full Article